What Is It All About!
Let me tell you about a special prayer that I have seen God use to transform individual congregations: You see the name above, it is called “Refriger Prayer” because you put it on your refrigerator, and every time you go to the refrigerator, you pray this prayer for your local congregation. Or you can take it to the table, and you can pray it over breakfast, lunch or dinner. Or take it with you, and pray it throughout the day. Be sure to keep a copy on your refrigerator to remind yourself to pray and never give up praying.
A Modern Prayer Device Prayer Tool
If you like, comment in the comment section of this blog, that you would like a copy of the Refriger Prayer emailed to you. After you provide the email, I will send you a Refriger Prayer to download to your Smartphone. Then you can pray it whenever you have an opportunity, as the Holy Spirit leads. In other words, it would be as handy as the YouVersion Bible App that many have on their phones. Or you could print it out on paper to actually put it on your refrigerator.
There is one thing I know for sure: Whether you are using the paper prayer page or the Smartphone prayer page, I know God will hear you, and everyone else, who prays sincerely together in one accord, the same prayer throughout the day and every day. This Refriger Prayer is a challenge of asking each congregation, wherever you may be on Planet Earth, to simply pray to God the Father, in the name of Jesus, by the power of the Holy Spirit, for the Holy Spirit to transform your congregation to become the church God would want it to be. You are also asking the Holy Spirit to accomplish the same wonderful works in you as an individual. Below is the Refriger Prayer:
Becoming the Church God Wants Us to Become:
Psalm 127:1 & Matthew 16:18
You ought to always pray and never give up.
Jesus Luke 18:1
Heavenly Father, have mercy on us, and pour out Your Holy Spirit on us so that we can become the kind of Church that you would have us to be:
- Grant us grace to love You with all our hearts, all our souls, all our minds, and all our strength, and give us grace to love our neighbors as ourselves. (Deuteronomy 30:6 & Matthew 22:36-40)
- Transform us, we pray, to deny ourselves, take up Your Cross & follow You, Lord Jesus. (Matthew 16:24-26)
- Lord of the harvest, we pray that You send out workers into Your harvest field, and may many experience the call and respond, “Here am I send me.” (Matthew 9:37-38 & Isaiah 6:8)
- Please empower us to make Disciples, and teach each one, whom we Disciple, everything you have commanded (Matthew 28:18-20)
- Please, Lord, let your Holy Spirit flow through us, as we abide in you, so that we will produce Your spiritual fruit, as well as Your powerful gifts. And cause us to daily keep in step with The Holy Spirit, as we are filled with the knowledge of Your will through all spiritual wisdom and understanding. (John 15: 1-16, Acts 1:8, 1 Corinthians 12, 13 & 14, Galatians 5:16-26 and Colossians 1:9-14)
- Transform our Pastor(s) to deliberately equip God’s people to do the work of the ministry to which You are calling them. (Ephesians 4:11-13)
- We need your help, O Lord, to be empowered to obey Your call to the ministries of feeding the hungry, giving drink to the thirsty, welcoming strangers, and visiting the sick as well as the imprisoned. (Matthew 25:31-36)
Now may the God of peace, who through the blood of the eternal covenant, brought back from the dead the Lord Jesus – that Great Shepherd of the sheep – equip us with everything good for doing God’s will. And may He work in us what pleases Him through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory forever and ever.